New developments in clinical trials and drug approvals have become commonplace. And buyouts of biotech stocks at high premiums are increasing.
Here is how to get your share of the outsized gains that are being generated. Let’s explore the issue with the help of two charts.
Please click here for an annotated chart of Global Blood Therapeutics GBT.
Please click here for an annotated chart of the buyout of Tesaro by GlaxoSmithKline GSK. The acquisition was completed in January. For the sake of transparency, this chart was previously published.
Note the following:
• The first chart shows the Arora buy signal for a core position in Global Blood Therapeutics with an average price of $29.73 in 2017. It has taken a long time for the stock to reach the $79.35 price as of this writing.
• The first chart shows the FDA’s acceptance of a new drug application (NDA) from this biotech.
• The first chart shows the FDA’s approval of Oxbyta for the treatment of sickle cell disease.
• The first chart shows that the up move has accelerated after the approval.
• The first chart shows that the up move has occurred on good volume. This is a positive.
• The first chart shows that the stock is overbought. This indicates caution in buying this stock at this level even though The Arora Report’s targets for this stock are higher.
• As we have previously written, Global Blood Therapeutics remains a buyout target. We have provided potential price zones at which a buyout may occur.
• While most investors are focused on popular large-cap stocks such as Apple AAPL, Amazon AMZN, Facebook FB and Google GOOG GOOGL, they are missing out on the money that is being made on biotechs.
• A subset of biotech stocks is significantly outperforming the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, S&P 500 ETF SPY and Nasdaq 100 ETF QQQ…Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.