The benchmark S&P 500 Index seems to be stuck under a certain level.
I recently wrote: “This S&P 500 chart shows the market is at a critical juncture.” Since then, I have received emails and phone calls from investors amazed at how the market ran up to the line shown on the chart in that story, fell and then rose right up to the line again.
After having witnessed firsthand the power of this simple chart, many have been asking for an update. So let’s explore with an updated chart.
Please click here for an updated chart of S&P 500 ETF SPY. It tracks the S&P 500 SPX. Please note the following from the chart:
• Market bulls are trying to beat the bears into submission.
• Bears look at the potential double top shown on the chart and stand their ground. A double top would be a big negative.
• The low volume shows that neither bulls nor bears have great conviction.
• The result of this bull-bear battle is a churning market.
• Often in a situation like this, the relative strength index (RSI) is a helpful indicator. In this case, RSI can go either way.
• Divergence in RSI from the last peak shows that momentum has waned. This favors bears.
• Not shown on the chart, but many other market internals we watch at The Arora Report, favor the bulls.
• The pattern looks different for the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, Nasdaq 100 ETF QQQ and small-cap ETF IWM.
As the market churns, the tiebreakers fall into the following three categories:
• The macro picture. On the positive side, trade war tensions are lessening. On the negative side, emerging market currencies are in turmoil….Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.