This post was published yesterday in The Arora Report paid services.
To gain an edge, this is what you need to know now.
Please click here for a chart of volatility ETF (VXX).
Note the following:
- VIX is known as Wall Street’s fear gage.
- You cannot directly trade VIX. For most investors it is easiest to look at the ETF VXX.
- The chart shows that the price of VXX has collapsed.
- The VUD indicator is the most sensitive measure of net supply demand in real time. Green indicates net demand and orange indicates net supply.
- The chart shows that the VUD indicator for VXX has stayed mostly orange.
- The sum total of the foregoing is that there is very little fear about the market going down at this time among the momo crowd.
The momo crowd money flows since the Morning Capsule are 🔒 (To see this data, please take a 30 day free trial).
Smart money flows since the Morning Capsule are 🔒.
Short squeeze money flows are 🔒.
A Special Note To New Subscribers
Note the smart money behavior. Smart money tends to sell into strength on strong up days.
New subscribers should consider adopting smart money’s way of investing and trading.
Sentiment is 🔒.
Sentiment is a contrary indicator at extremes. In plain English, this means that when sentiment becomes extremely positive it is time to sell and when sentiment becomes extremely negative it is time to buy.
The momo crowd money flows in gold are 🔒 since the Morning Capsule.
Smart money flows are 🔒 in gold since the Morning Capsule.
The momo crowd money flows are 🔒 in silver since the Morning Capsule but smart money flows are 🔒.
The momo crowd money flows in oil are 🔒 since the Morning Capsule.
Smart money flows in oil are 🔒 since the Morning Capsule.
Buy Zones And Buy Now Ratings
There appear to be buy on close orders.
There is merit to watching the pattern of market on close orders as they represent the day’s dominant net cumulative activity by many professionals and funds.
The Afternoon Capsule is not published daily but only when conditions warrant it. The content below is unchanged and is to be used for reference as needed.
Many investors are spoiled due to the decade long bull market. Many believe it is very simple – be all in or be all out. Unfortunately, the last decade was an exception to the rule.
As the market is running up, investors who do not understand the true nature of the market are jumping in with both feet without appreciating the risks.
Risk and reward are two sides to the coin. It is important to consider both.
For your reference, we are pasting the following from your Getting A Running Start Guide,
Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler.
Strategic Vs. Tactical
All investors should consider bringing more sophistication to their investing and trading. It is important to clearly understand the difference between strategic and tactical calls. For your convenience, a prior post is pasted below.
ASK ARORA: CASH AND HEDGES: UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STRATEGIC AND TACTICAL CALLS
Nigam Arora answers your questions about investing in stocks, ETFs, bonds, gold and silver, oil and currencies. Have a question? Send it to Nigam Arora.
We have written previously about the importance of understanding the difference between strategic calls and tactical calls.
We welcome your comments and questions. The law does not allow us to answer them individually. However, when a large number of subscribers ask similar questions, a post is done. Typically starting with Ask Arora.
Based on the questions received this morning, a refresher on understanding the difference between strategy and tactics is in order.
Strategy defines medium to long term plan to achieve the highest risk adjusted returns.
Tactics are small adjustments within the strategy to further enhance risk adjusted returns.
If You Could Pick Only One
We recognize that all investors have individual preferences. If you could pick only one, consider focusing on the strategy. Never focus only on tactics at the expense of strategy.
The strategic call at this time is to stay cautiously bullish. The logic is very straightforward. Consider the following key points:
- The stock market has been going straight up for 10 years. It is late cycle. Portfolios have to be organized for the late cycle. Risks are much higher in the late cycle compared to when a bull market is in an early stage.
- The world is awash in debt. The sovereign debt owed by governments and corporate debt owed by zombie corporations has dramatically increased. It is a bubble that is getting bigger waiting for a pin to prick it.
- Valuations are expensive.
- A big reason for levitation of the stock market is money printing by the central banks. This can continue for a long time but not forever.
Tactical calls are simply short term adjustments. For example, a tactical call to decrease cash and hedges is based on the following:
- Weak hands temporarily washed out overbought condition.
- Overbought condition temporarily relieved.
- Sentiment backing off from almost extreme bullish levels.
- Overall better earnings.
Cash And Hedges
We provide a range for cash and hedges. Most investors would be in the middle of the ranges. As such, they would not need to make any change. When a change is given only at the edges of the ranges, only the most active investors need to make a change.
Arora’s 12th Law
Arora’s 12th Law is applicable here: To be successful at investing and trading, flow with the new data and stay nimble.
Bullet Proof Your Portfolio And Increase Your Returns
We consistently see that private investors, money managers and investment advisors who have attended the Bullet Proof Your Portfolio and Increase Your Returns seminar do significantly better compared to those who have not attended the seminar.
Here are the four main reasons why this consistently happens to investors who attend the seminar:
- They start understanding the true nature of the markets.
- Develop a better framework to handle the true nature of the market.
- Tend to act with more conviction and with more comfort.
- Tend to develop a better control over their emotions.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.