There was a big bombshell in marijuana land.
Constellation Brands STZ, known for its beer, wine and spirits, is investing about $4 billion in Canadian marijuana company Canopy Growth CGC. Constellation paid a whopping 51% premium. So does that mean other marijuana stocks are worth about 50% more than they were before?
Marijuana stocks are highly volatile, and investors need help in properly investing and trading them.
One of the best tools is to look at the X-rays of the popular stocks in the form of segmented money flows. Money flows provide an edge to investors who want to beat the market and lower their risks.
Let’s explore by looking at money flows with the help of a chart.
Please click here for the annotated chart of money flows in 11 popular marijuana and cannabis-related stocks. As a group, these stocks do not move with the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, S&P 500 SPX, and Nasdaq 100 NDX, and popular index ETFs such as SPY, QQQ, and IWM. This can provide important diversification. Please observe the following from the chart:
• Momo crowd money flows — those of momentum investors — are extremely positive in Canopy Growth.
• Momo crowd money flows are mildly positive in Constellation Brands. Of interest is that smart money flows — those of professional investors — are negative in Constellation.
• Momo crowd money flows are extremely positive in Aurora Cannabis ACBFF, Cronos Group CRON and Tilray TLRY. In contrast, smart money flows are neutral in those stocks.
• In Neptune Technologies NEPT, momo crowd money flows are positive but smart money flows are mildly negative.
• In popular marijuana ETF MJ, momo crowd money flows are positive but the smart money flows are mildly negative.
• Among pharmaceutical-related marijuana stocks with the exception of Zogenix ZGNX, money flows are neutral in GW Pharmaceuticals GWPH and Zynerba Pharmaceuticals ZYNE.
• Both smart money flows and momo crowd money flows are negative in Scotts Miracle-Gro SMG, which pushed into the cannabis industry via hydroponic equipment and supplies….Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.