By Nigam Arora & Dr. Natasha Arora
To gain an edge, this is what you need to know today.
Producer Price Index
Please click here for a chart of Producer Price Index.
Note the following:
- The scary headline is that inflation at producer level increased at the highest rate ever since the Labor Department started compiling the data in 2010. However, the reality is that the data is getting better for investors and the economy.
- PPI rose 9.7% year-over-year.
- Core PPI rose 8.3% year-over-year.
- The chart shows that the data is actually getting better as inflation is coming down at the producer level.
- The chart shows that PPI came at 0.2% vs. 0.4% consensus month-over-month. It was at 0.8% for the prior month as shown on the chart.
- The chart shows that Core PPI came at 0.5% vs. 0.4% consensus month-over-month. It was 0.7% for the prior month as shown on the chart.
- Significant buying is coming in after the release of the PPI data.
- In our analysis, the drop in PPI in December was mostly due to a dip in oil prices at the end of November. In December and January, oil prices have gone up. If oil prices stay this high, PPI may move up again for the month of January.
Initial claims came at 230K versus 202K consensus. This is the highest number since mid-November.
Momo Crowd And Smart Money In Stocks
The momo crowd is 🔒 (To see the locked content, please take a 30 day free trial) stocks in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒 .
The momo crowd is 🔒 gold in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒.
For longer-term, please see gold and silver ratings.
The momo crowd is 🔒 oil in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒.
For longer-term, please see oil ratings.
Our very, very short-term early stock market indicator is 🔒. This indicator, with a great track record, is popular among long term investors to stay in tune with the market and among short term traders to independently undertake quick trades.
Interest rates are ticking up, and bonds are ticking down.
The dollar is weaker.
Trading futures is not recommended for most investors. The purpose of providing this information is to give an indication of the premarket activity that usually guides the activity when the market opens.
Gold futures are at $1822, silver futures are at $23.23, and oil futures are $92.43.
S&P 500 futures resistance levels are 4770, 4826, and 4900: support levels are 4713, 4600, and 4460.
DJIA futures are up 128 points.
Protection Bands and What To Do Now?
It is important for investors to look ahead and not in the rearview mirror.
Consider continuing to hold existing positions. Based on individual risk preference, consider holding 🔒 in cash or treasury bills or short-term bond funds or allocated to short-term tactical trades, and short to medium-term hedges of 🔒, and short term hedges of 🔒. This is a good way to protect yourself and participate in the upside at the same time.
You can determine your protection bands by adding cash to hedges. The high band of the protection is appropriate for those who are older or conservative. The low band of the protection is appropriate for those who are younger or aggressive. If you do not hedge, the total cash level should be more than stated above but significantly less than cash plus hedges.
It is worth reminding that you cannot take advantage of new upcoming opportunities if you are not holding enough cash. When adjusting hedge levels, consider adjusting partial stop quantities for stock positions (non ETF); consider using wider stops on remaining quantities and also allowing more room for high beta stocks. High beta stocks are the ones that move more than the market.
To take a free 30-day trial to paid services to gain access to more opportunities, please click here.
This post was just published on ZYX Buy Change Alert.
Markets can generate substantial wealth for knowledgeable investors. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE
TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.