To gain an edge, this is what you need to know today.
Yellen Rally Extends
Please click here for a chart of S&P 500 ETF (SPY) which represents stock market benchmark index (SPX).
Note the following:
- In yesterday’s Afternoon Capsule, we shared with you that the market was rallying on the Yellen appointment.
- As the chart shows, this morning the stock market continues to rally on Yellen appointment.
- The market loves Yellen because she is a good communicator, is well known, knows how the Fed works and most importantly because she will push more borrowing and more stimulus.
- As the chart shows, the market is now above the magnet line but still below the vaccine high line.
- The bulls are now hoping for much higher targets for the stock market.
- The trend line shown on the chart is a potential target next year.
- On the negative side, there is no fear in the market. The prevailing wisdom has become that the market is a one-way street — it only goes up. Often when such belief becomes the generally accepted wisdom, the market tends to fall. Please pay attention to the ‘Protection Bands and What To Do Now?’ section below.
DAX in Germany is like DJIA in the United States. DAX is undergoing its biggest overhaul since 1988. DAX will now have 40 stocks instead of 30. Companies will have to report earnings on a quarterly basis. Many companies in Europe do not report earnings on a quarterly basis.
Bitcoin is surging on speculative fever.
The momo crowd is selling gold and moving into bitcoin.
Momo Crowd And Smart Money In Stocks
The momo crowd is 🔒 (To see the locked content, please take a 30 day free trial) stocks in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒.
The momo crowd is 🔒 gold in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒.
For longer-term, please see gold and silver ratings.
The momo crowd is 🔒 oil in the early trade. Smart money is 🔒.
For longer-term, please see oil ratings.
Our very, very short-term early stock market indicator is 🔒. This indicator, with a great track record, is popular among long term investors to stay in tune with the market and among short term traders to independently undertake quick trades.
Interest rates and bonds are range bound.
The dollar is weaker.
Trading futures is not recommended for most investors. The purpose of providing this information is to give an indication of the premarket activity that usually guides the activity when the market opens.
Gold futures are at $1802, silver futures are at $23.16, and oil futures are $43.84.
S&P 500 futures resistance levels are 2630, 3800 and 4000: support levels are 3520, 3460 and 3420.
DJIA futures are up 305 points.
Protection Bands and What To Do Now?
It is important for investors to look ahead and not in the rearview mirror.
Consider continuing to hold existing positions. Based on individual risk preference, on dips, consider holding🔒 in cash or treasury bills or short-term bond funds or allocated to short-term tactical trades and short to medium-term hedges of 🔒 and short term hedges of 🔒. This is a good way to protect yourself and participate in the upside at the same time.
You can determine your protection bands by adding cash to hedges. The high band of the protection is appropriate for those who are older or conservative. The low band of the protection is appropriate for those who are younger or aggressive. If you do not hedge, total cash level should be more than stated above but significantly less than cash plus hedges.
It is worth reminding that you cannot take advantage of new upcoming opportunities if you are not holding enough cash. When adjusting hedge levels, consider adjusting partial stop quantities for stock positions (non ETF); consider using wider stops on remaining quantities and also allowing more room for high beta stocks. High beta stocks are the ones that move more than the market.
This post was just published on ZYX Buy Change Alert.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.