Money is to be made in marijuana stocks in the long run. But the recent buzz may be overdone.
Canada’s Tilray TLRY, has become the first cannabis company to conduct a U.S. IPO. The shares were priced at $17 per share, higher than expectations due to oversubscription. The stock soared after it started trading Thursday for the first time.
There may be sympathy plays in other cannabis stocks for a short-term trade. But don’t let your guard down based on sentiment around Tilray’s stock. Markets are not simple when investing for the long term. Investors need expert guidance. Not only are investors not getting needed guidance, they are getting burned by supposed gurus. Read on for the proof.
Let’s start with two charts.
Please click here for an annotated chart of marijuana stock Canopy Growth CGC.
Please click here for an annotated chart of marijuana stock Neptune Technologies NEPT.
Please note the following from the charts:
• Canopy Growth stock ran up on excitement about the legalization of marijuana in Canada, and many gurus are urging investors to buy this stock as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
• The Arora Report made a negative call on Canopy Growth near the high when most gurus were pounding the table to buy marijuana stocks. I received some hate mail but nothing like when I gave a signal to sell the gold ETF GLD, and silver ETF SLV, at their highs. Please see “Investors are making stoner moves by buying marijuana stocks at the wrong time.”
• Neptune Technologies ran up on excitement over a deal with Canopy Growth.
• The chart shows that The Arora Report not only made a negative call, but short-sold Neptune Technologies near the highs.
• Both Canopy Growth and Neptune Technologies have significantly fallen since The Arora Report’s negative calls.
• The charts show that the smart money (professional investors) was selling near the highs.
• When The Arora Report gives a signal, it almost always simultaneously gives a target zone ahead of time to take profits. The chart shows that the first target zone for taking profits has already been hit.
Similar price action has occurred in other popular cannabis stocks such as Cronos Group CRON, and Aurora Cannabis ACBFF.…Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.