Musk outlined an excellent vision at the ‘Battery Day.’ Here are the key points:
- Tesla (TSLA) says that silicone can store nine times more than lithium and graphite. In our analysis, Musk is right about storage but silicone currently has issues. These issues include cracks, loss of electrical contact and short life.
- Tesla is bringing battery production inhouse but no volume production is expected until 2022.
- TSLA unveiled tabless battery that significantly reduces cost.
- TSLA sees delivery rising 30 -40% in 2020.
- TSLA is confident that it can make a $25,000 electric car in three years.
Separating The Stock From The Company
At The Arora Report, we are fans of Tesla and see big long term potential in Tesla. However, the stock of the company is not the same thing as the company. Further, investors need to differentiate between different time frames.
TSLA was sold short as a short term trade at $514.40 right near the top. Since then TSLA has fallen as low as $319 but has moved up to $403 as of this writing. Partial profits have been taken. Only a 5% tranche is still being held. Those who are aggressive may consider continuing to hold this tranche as there are no immediate triggers to move the stock up significantly.
Consider changing the stop zone on the remaining quantity to the zone of $463 to $483. The target zone for this remaining tranche later as it depends on election polls. A Democrat win will help TSLA. A Republican win will be negative for TSLA.
What To Do Now
Those in the stock and are aggressive may consider continuing to hold.
Those not in the stock may wait for a potential buy signal in ZYX Buy and a potential short sell signal in ZYX Short.
This post was just published on ZYX Short Sell Change Alert.
You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98%, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.