The nature of the media and analysts is such that it makes life difficult for investors.
Last September, when the stock market entered a bull trap, the media were promoting analysts who had the most bullish projections. On Christmas Eve, which has turned out to be the low in the U.S. stock market so far, the media were promoting bearish analysts. By then, many formerly bullish analysts had turned bearish. Now that the market has staged a recovery, many analysts have turned bullish again, and the media are promoting bullish stories.
What’s an investor to do? Why not figure out a realistic approach? Is the bottom in or is there more pain ahead? Let’s explore with the help of a chart.
Please click here for an annotated chart of S&P 500 ETF SPY. Similar conclusions can be drawn from the charts of the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, Nasdaq 100 ETF QQQ and small-cap ETF IWM. Please note the following:
• The chart shows that the Arora buy signal to purchase S&P 500 ETF SPY and for aggressive investors of leveraged S&P 500 ETF SSO was given on Christmas Eve when massive selling was taking place and many were turning bearish. Hindsight shows that the buy signal was given at the bottom.
• As the chart shows, the resistance zone is right ahead. Expect significant resistance in this zone. Many investors who were overly invested and were smart enough to not panic on Christmas Eve are likely to sell in this zone. Selling may hit popular stocks such as Amazon AMZN, Netflix NFLX, Facebook FB and Microsoft MSFT. Selling may also hit popular semiconductor stocks such as Micron Technology MU, AMD AMD, and Nvidia NVDA. If Apple AAPL, rallies close to $160, it may also see selling. Please see “Here’s how astute investors should think about Apple’s stock today.”
• RSI (relative strength index) shows that the market is getting overbought in the very short term. It is especially important to keep an eye on RSI divergence if the market enters the resistance zone shown on the chart.
• The chart shows that the Arora portfolios were up to 61% protected with cash and hedges before the market started falling.
• The chart shows the Arora signal to reduce cash and deploy it in the market on the probability of a rally given at the bottom.
• The chart shows that the volume is relatively low. This indicates that the rally, so far, does not have high conviction.
• The chart shows that some, but not all, weak hands sold right before Christmas. This is derived from tick trading data and proprietary algorithms. If all weak hands had sold, there would have been significantly more conviction in the rally.
• The chart shows two prior lows. When many had declared that those were the lows, Arora calls were that those were not the likely lows. One of the reasons behind those spot on calls was that weak hands had not sold. Instead, weak hands were buying the dip. I wrote about it both times…Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.