Two potential scenarios are developing in the U.S. stock market. Both should be considered red alerts by prudent investors.
Let’s explore with the help of a chart. Please click here for an annotated chart of S&P 500 ETF SPY, which tracks the benchmark S&P 500 Index SPX.
Note the following:
• The chart shows that the stock market has undergone a strong rally.
• The chart shows that the price action in the stock market after the breakout is subdued. This is a negative for the stock market.
• The chart shows that the top trendline is indicting a potential resistance zone. This is a negative.
• The relative strength index (RSI) shows that the market is overbought. This is a negative.
• The chart shows that the volume is low. This is a negative.
• The chart shows that if there is a breakout above the top trendline, the stock market may experience a significant acceleration to the upside. This is a positive.
• Stocks of popular large-cap stocks such as Amazon AMZN, Apple AAPL and Facebook FB are seeing strong momo (momentum) crowd money flows. This is a positive in the very short term.
• Going into the launch of its new streaming service, Disney DIS stock is seeing very strong momo crowd and smart money flows. This is a positive indicator in the very short term.
• Semiconductor stocks are often early indicators. Momo crowd money flows in popular semiconductor stocks such as Intel INTC, AMD AMD, Applied Materials AMAT and Nvidia NVDA are very positive. This is a positive indicator in the very short term.
Either one of these two scenarios is a potential red alert.
• We are approaching the end of the year. It appears that a large number of money managers are lagging behind their benchmarks. Time is running out for them to catch up. We already know that President Trump excels at moving the markets. (Please see “President Trump might just be the best stock market timer ever.”)
Trump is capable of making statements that may run the market higher. If the market runs higher and breaks the top trendline shown on the chart, the pattern will be set for a big jump. Many lagging money managers will throw caution to the wind, adding fuel to the fire by buying the strongest stocks in the strongest sectors to catch up. Such behavior is certainly reckless, but that is exactly what happens….Read more at MarketWatch.
A knowledgeable investor would have turned $100,000 into over $1,000,000 with the help from The Arora Report. NOW YOU TOO CAN ALSO SPECTACULARLY SUCCEED AT MEETING YOUR GOALS WITH THE HELP OF THE ARORA REPORT. You are receiving less than 2% of the content from our paid services. …TO RECEIVE REMAINING 98% INCLUDING MANY ATTRACTIVE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TAKE A FREE TRIAL TO PAID SERVICES.